Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I was watching a Netflix video. It cut out andnow I can't

Customer Question

I was watching a Netflix video.
It cut out andnow I can't get Netflix or Amazon prime
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Do any of the other apps work? Please try youtube and let me know if it works?
When you say cut out and now you can't get, can you please elaborate?
Thanks,
Joe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes , it works
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it works
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Ok, when all other apps work with the exception of a single app esp netflix, the problem is generally with that provider. What this means is that the netflix app could currently be having problems and is unfortunately pretty common for this to happen. Sometimes a soft reset of the router or the device fixes this problem however it is usually related to a problem with netflix/app and not the device. Usually all that needs to happen is waiting until it is back up and working.
Now, when it is more than one app the problem is usually either the network/router or the device, the first thing to do here is turn all the devices off and unplug the router power cable from the back of the router not the wall and then plug it back in, router will reset and boot back up, at that time see if the apps are now once again working.
This also depends on what you meant by "can't get" once they no longer worked?
Thanks,
Joe