green-owl
green-owl, Engineer
Experience:  I have a lot of experience with digital media.
14666028

We have an old Panasonic Radio that works and would like to

Customer Question

We have an old Panasonic Radio that works and would like to have the wood paneling replaced - is this possible?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  green-owl replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I was seaching for picture to see if it was real wood or just metal with painted wood grain and it seem like real wood if it is the same as that one:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LSwaB1m7po
You can bring it to a cabinet-maker and he will be able to redo the damaged/scratched wood. It seem to be wood veneer probably assembled with cross grain at each layer at it need to be very stable to humidity. As the piece is not very big it could be made with nice walnut but maple would also be a good choice. To have nice audio, red spruce is often prefered to be used under the hardwood finish as it provide a better accoustic.