Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  I have been working on VCR/DVD and CCTV systems and all the other consumer electronics for 20+ years.
11519491

I have a Panasonic DMRHW220GLK DVD recorder. I was told it

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic DMRHW220GLK DVD recorder. I was told it had 1 TB of recording time. I tells me all I have is 145 mins. If I turn off the TV (Panasonic) it doesn't keep recording. Can you please tell me why and what I can do. I watch the TV thru the DVD recorder is this affecting everything? Thank You Beverly Evans

Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bev,
Does your DVD recorder turn OFF when you turn off the TV with the remote? Or does it simply just stop recording right then?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michael

Thanks for your reply. It looks to me like it turns off and stops recording.

Cheers Beverly

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bev and thanks for the response;-)
It sounds like the remote may be causing this. The DVD should not cause this because the DVD recorder isn't controlled by the RV or anything else.
Make sure this is wired up correctly.
Bev, do you have the hook up directions and also who hooked this up if someone else set it up for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Michael.

Looks like I'll have to get the guy who hooked it up for me to come back.

He takes his time, but I'll let you know the outcome.

Cheers Beverly

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bev, that might be a good idea as this doesn't sound like there is anything wrong with the recorder unit , just the way it is hooked up ;-)
There is something wrong there.
I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly,and it won't cost you anything additional to rate my service. You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating;-)
Thank you and have a nice day Bev;-)
Please rate kindly before closing this page;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your help Michael. I have just spoken to the tech that hooked up my units. He says it is a hook up problem. He will be here late Monday afternoon.

I will let you know when all's well.

Many Thanks

Beverly

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thats great Bev!
I figured as much ;-)
Please remember to rate my service before closing this page as it is the only way I receive compensation for my time with you and have a wonderful day!