Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics.
23511658

I forgot the password ***** a dvr the model number edge4s what

Customer Question

i forgot the password ***** a dvr the model number edge4s what can I do for this
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is***** can help you with this problem . Take a look at the picture below , this might help ;https://www.dropbox.com/s/4974jfilc6stdnn/2015-05-19_1325.png?dl=0 Let me know how that goes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it didn't work I know that we changed the password ***** my question is how can I reset the dvr to factory reset with out loosing the any recorded information thanks
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
OK then I went through the whole manual and manauals for those dvr`s and nothing is said about changing the password ***** I will opt out and perhaps another tech in here will have an idea .You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.Just stand by and someone should be with you shortly .PS. Do not reply to this or it will be sent back to me instead of reposted.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** familiar with the system and I can provide you with some additional assistance. It is impossible to reset the administrator password ***** logging in first. But I can provide you with the default login usernames and passwords. Hopefully, one of them is still active without having been changed:
Username: admin. Password: admin. (administrator, local and network)
Username: 888888. Password: 888888. (administrator, local only)
Username: 666666. Passwords: 666666(Lower authority user who can only monitor, playback,
backup and etc.)
Username: default. Password: default(hidden user)
Please let me know if that helps.