Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Cannot record a dvd

Customer Question

cannot record a dvd
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, what type of blank DVD discs have been tried ? ...and recording from what source please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tdk+r kodac+r I got them at wal mart.the recorder was working ok till about a week ago. I keep getting anerror message e4-54043e02
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the source is from dish tv.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
The error message is very significant as it would be indicative of a hardware issue.
Still, could you please try using DVD -R blank discs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thankyou.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Using a DVD -R would serve as both an attempt of a fix and as a test by process of elimination.
Appreciate the post back and an update when able.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the-r do work but I have to download them 2-3 times before they record.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate the update and glad that the DVD -R works (albeit repeated attempts).Considering that it is only 7 months, then it would still be under warranty.Perhaps it would be to your advantage to have it replaced/repaired by an authorized Service Center.Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.