Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics.
23511658

I have a Samsung Blu-Ray disc player and I don't know how to

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Blu-Ray disc player and I don't know how to use it. The manual is not understandable!!! How do I get started?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please recheck model number of player as it could be BD-E5400 or some thing?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shahid - yes, there is another number. It is BD-E5400/2c
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.
is the bluray connected to TV and do you get player logo screen on TV when select correct input in TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it is connected to TV but I get nothing on screen when trying to play start to play a disc
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Let me try to explain, you should get bluray home screen (even without any disc in player) on TV, so please check bluray power is On and TV has set on correct input source where the bluray is hooked.
Do you get home screen of bluray player that shows Samsung or menu etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what input source do I put in TV to get this menu?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I need bit more info to answer it.
What type of cable runs between bluray player and TV?
is it HDMI cable?
if so, what is the label of HDMI input jack on TV where that cable plugs into?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the cable is HDMI from the player and the input plug on the TV is also HDMI/1
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please select HDMI-1 input in TV by pressing Input/Source button on TV or its remote, do you get bluray logo/welcome/home screen on TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have turned on the TVscreen but turned off the cable picture. The only thing I have on my remote is at the top there is a DVD button and at the bottom the button is called 'video source'. I have pushed DVD button and video source, but nothing happens.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, can you please get me the model number off of your TV that is connected to bluray player?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model number of my RCA TV is LZ6HD31
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, LZ6HD31 doesn't look valid model number, please recheck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, Shahid. The model number is *****
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please take out disc from player then press and hold STOP button on player for more than 5 seconds to get it reset, now select HDMI input in TV to see if bluray screen appears?
If still image appears then plug the bluray HDMI cable into next HDMI input of TV, select it and again check any picture appears on screen?
Please rpely back with the result.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no disc in the player as I could not open the disc space. OK . I have HDMI1 showing on the screen
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, still no picture/screen appear on TV?
If so, please plug the HDMI cable into next HDMI input and select it with TV remote, does picture appear on screen?
Also, is there another TV available nearby to test the player and HDMI cable on it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Itried HDMI2 but still no picture. No, there is not another TV here.I'm sorry, but I have to be out of my apartment for 45 minutes. Can we resume this after that?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sure, take your time, no problem.
It seems your TV is bit old for this new bluray player and unable to process high video resolution output of this bluray player so we need to verify the bluray player and connecting HDMI cable to another/different TV to make sure both things are OK which will prove that TV isn't able to process high video resolution signal of bluray player.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm back. I know that this DVD player and my TV are compatible because when my son and grandson bought the DVD player, they got it to work. I wrote down some of the directions he gave me, but obviously stopped writing too soon. perhaps I will wait until my son comes and looks at it; or get my other grandson to see if he can get it to work. The younger generation are definitely more up to date with techcky things than I am at 85! Do you want to keep trying? or shall we close off.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please press and hold STOP button on player for more than 5 seconds to get it reset. Select HDMI input of TV and check.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the screen shows is the HDMI1
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, I'm running out of ideas as what is causing the problem so let me opt out to send the question back to open list so all can view it and hopefully some one will soon respond to assist you further.
Please do not rate my answer and leave it as it is.
Thanks.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will try to provide you with additional assistance. I noticed earlier conversation that you mentioned having the TV on the HDMI input. I just want to make sure that you have the Blu-ray player output connected to one of the two HDMI inputs on that TV. I am going to attach a picture of what the HDMI cable looks like so you can check. Once it is plugged in from the output of the Blu-ray player to the input of the TV with this cable, you should see the Blu-ray player on either HDMI 1 or HDMI 2.