Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Cassette Recorder SD-V291 and the DVD disk door is

Customer Question

I have a Cassette Recorder SD-V291 and the DVD disk door is stuck. Is there any way to get it opened?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, the described symptom almost always point to an internal hardware issue.Would you be comfortable working on the insides of the Toshiba?Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, you may need access to and familiarity with the use of a multimeter and even perhaps a soldering iron.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer indicates my repair requires a trained technician with soldering iron. Since I am unable to repair I will disconnect and dispose the recorder at the electronics disposal today, May 3, 2015 in Highlands Ranch, CO. I expect to be charged the $5 but I had requested the free time for an answer so my less than 24 hours and no further need for your answer there should be no further charge. By my disposal of the recorder, please terminate my request. Thank you. Ernie
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I understand.I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.