LOAJ3256
LOAJ3256, Technician
Experience:  35 years technical audio and video systems integrator
444199

i need helping connecting my Magnavox DV220MW9 DVD/CD Player.

i need helping connecting my Magnavox DV220MW9 DVD/CD Player. I have the DVD player working but not the VCR. The Player needs to be hooked up to Direct TV Cable Box
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  LOAJ3256 replied 2 years ago.

LOAJ3256 :

Hello - maybe I can help.

Can you please tell me what *type* of cables you are using,the "Input and Outputs" jacks you have *tried*,to and from your devices, AND how you currently have the system connected via these cables.

Also the TV and cable box model numbers would be helpful.

*PLEASE NOTE* Due to copy right protection "built in " to your unit, you *may* NOT be able to record from the cable box as it "blocks" the VHS ability to record copy righted materials, shows, etc.

Please advise and thank you for your time.

Customer:

I have an Orian TV with no remote control - there are connections red-yellow and white input and output on the back of the TV and also one set on the front of the TV - Direct TV Cable Box with DVR - can't find a model# XXXXX have tried to hook up various ways - tried hooking up to back of TV to connections on DVD player

LOAJ3256 :

Please try connecting the red-yellow and white output on the back of the TV to the same color conncetions on the INPUT of the DVD/VHS unit and re test. The DVD will need to be on "LINE 1" input setting, and what you "see" on the TV *should be * recording on the DVD - VHS , if the TV has a "true" A/V output.

Customer:

Wasn't trying to record. I just want the VCR to play a tape.

Customer:

Not sure where the input row is on the Magnavox

LOAJ3256 :

Ok I see, please connect the red-yellow and white output on the back of the VHS to the VIDEO IN on the back of the TV to the same color conncetions. Select VIDEO 1 from the Orion - no remote would require to change the INPUT on the TV from the TV's control

LOAJ3256 :

It is the third or so from left to right labled "DVD /VHS OUT" that would connect to the TV VIDEO - AUDIO IN on the TV

Customer:

It is working - does the connection need to be differant to record?

LOAJ3256 :

Great on the "working". In order to set up record, please follow the instructions on the previous post:

I hope this helps, please advise and thank you for your time.

Customer:

OK, Thanks

LOAJ3256, Technician
Experience: 35 years technical audio and video systems integrator