Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
63817454

I want to add ESPN3 so I can watch games through Roku. How

Customer Question

I want to add ESPN3 so I can watch games through Roku. How can I do this?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. I can help you.

Although streaming ESPN 3 with Roku is impossible, there is another way to stream it. Do you have a laptop? What is the model number of your TV?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I know how to set up my laptop to the TV. I've done that before. I thought I could get the website through Roku to make things easier and clearer. I thought I just neede to find some code and plug it in. Doesn't Roku receive other websites like Espn3 or others?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
, I know how to set up my laptop to the TV. I've done that before. I thought I could get the website through Roku to make things easier and clearer. I thought I just neede to find some code and plug it in. Doesn't Roku receive other websites like Espn3 or others?
Expert:  Rusty replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately Roku has no way of streaming ESPN 3. Since you know how to hook up your laptop, the only way to stream is to sign up for ESPN 3, and stream from their site. It's not as easy as just adding a channel to Roku, it doesn't exist. Click here, and click the "watch now" button. It's free if you have Comcast, and possibly on other providers as well.

One day we'll have the option to add all of the channels that we want to our media streamers, but for now, each one has a different contract with the networks, and ESPN 3 is not available for Roku, not even if you hack it.
Expert:  Rusty replied 4 years ago.

ESPN 3 is available for streaming only on the XBox, or your computer.