Engineer John C., Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Recorders and Players like the popular ROKU. I am Computer Eng. with 10+ years of experience with network devices.
23822421

cant connect to wireless network for my roku player - error

can't connect to wireless network for my roku player - error code 014
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

Do you have a computer with Windows 7 or Mac OS (which one?) that can currently connect to your internet via wireless? This would help to confirm your wireless network password.

Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
windows 7
Please follow the steps below from your computer with Windows 7 connected to internet via wireless and you will see the network key:

1- Click Start

2- Click Control Panel

3- NOW, make sure you select "View by: LARGE ICONS" on the upper right corner.

4- Click "Network and Sharing Center"

5- Click "Manage Wireless Networks" on the left

6- Double click your wireless network name

7- Click the "Security" tab

8- Click "Show characters"

9- Now find your password XXXXX to "Network security key". Write this password XXXXX

10- Then use this password XXXXX the ROKU when prompted for it.

Then please follow the steps below from your ROKU:
1- Go to the Settings menu, then click "Network"

2- Then you need to select "repeat guided setup"

3- Select the name of your wireless network.

4- Then if prompted, enter the password XXXXX your wireless network. That's it!, it should work now.

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Please remember I do not receive a salary from this company. The only way for me to be compensated for my time is when the customer (You) is satisfied with my job. Thank you for your help and understanding.

Thank you

John C.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't get out of the error message on my roku screen. Do I use the roku remote when I go to the settings menu? Don't know where this is on the remote.
Yes, always the remote.

You can unplug it from the electric outlet and plug it back. Then wait 5 minutes and follow my previous procedure.

Thank you.
Engineer John C., Engineer
Experience: Expert in Recorders and Players like the popular ROKU. I am Computer Eng. with 10+ years of experience with network devices.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well, roku comes up on screen but instructions are not as you have given me. It just shows 3 things such as internet network, roku wireless. You can't click onto any of these, just have to click to continue, then select network (ATT936), then put in password, then I get same error message re: can't connect to wireless network.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
John C. is either offline or working on another call from a different client. I have been waiting for around 20 minutes for a reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
John - I still need your help. I HAVEN'T received a reply from you since I followed your instructions... still can't get into roku with your instructions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
JOHN, are you still with me? I finally put in the correct password XXXXX roku but it tells me that to activate roku I have to go to their link, which I did, put in their code (done) then it just goes to their website. I am confused and frustrated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
JOHN, the roku is finally working. thanks for your patience and help.