Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician
Experience:  Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.
27991594

have sony dvdplayer model-dvp-ns710h tray is locked, child

Customer Question

have sony dvdplayer model-dvp-ns710h tray is locked, child lock not problem. any suggestions?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

Shahid_Sony :

Shahid_Sony :

Please let me know what message appear in display if its not child lock

Shahid_Sony :

did you got my previous message?

Shahid_Sony :

Customer:

trayed locked appears in display

Shahid_Sony :

ok, tray lock ?

Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.

Hi and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX have been repairing Electronics Professionally for over 13+ years and currently own a Shop in FL.

With the player in standby mode press Return->Enter->Power on the remote.

Hope this helps my friend. If you are satisfied with my services you can press the Accept Button. Even after you Accept I am still available for follow ups if you still need me.

Thanks,

Carl

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
trie that before it's for child lock
Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.
Try to press the Stop and Play button on the DVD Player itself for more than 15 seconds and see if that does the trick.
Carl L, Master Technician
Experience: Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
tried stop and play buttons-no results.
Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.

Oh wow....they really have that thing locked up tight. I ended up pulling the service manual on this player that will usually always give out the codes and even its saying to contact an authorized sony dealer for the code. The version of the tray lock is for when its on display at a store that you cant open the tray and steal the disk out of the tray, but the fact that it says to contact the manufacture even in the service manual tells me that its more than just a code issue....Sony just doesnt know whats causing this bug.

Is the player still under its warranty by chance? Sony's fix is to replace the Player which confirm's mine and several other's theory that its a goof up.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i doubt if player is still under warranty i've had it for over ayear or so,thanks for your time and effort i will accept your answer.
Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.
No problem. Try to give them a quick buzz and see if they have found something new with this or if they will extend the coverage due to this being a common issue. Here's their number: 239-768-7547