Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design

My Toshiba DVD player indicates Disc error every time I try

Customer Question

My Toshiba DVD player indicates Disc error every time I try to use it. It doesn't matter what the DVD is. I get the same error all the time. What can I do to resolve this problem?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to justanswer. I am Jins here to assist you. Disc errors ("disc error" or "no disc") are usually caused by a buildup of dust and dirt on the laser lens inside the Toshiba DVD player, which may prevent the laser lens from being able to scan the digital information encoded on the DVD. Please try a few simple cleaning techniques.

Open the Toshiba DVD player's media tray and place the disc cleaner in the tray, then close. Allsop, Maxell and TDK are three well-known makers of laser lens cleaning discs.

Turn on the TV to view the main Toshiba DVD screen.

Press the "Play" button on the front panel of the Toshiba DVD player or use the remote control. The main screen for the disc cleaner should appear on the television, displaying the remaining time for the disc to complete the cleaning cycle.

Remove the cleaning disc and replace with a pre-recorded DVD to test the operation of the Toshiba DVD player.

Unplug the Toshiba player from the electricity and leave disconnected for 30 seconds before restoring the power. This will cause the component to reset if the "disc error" message persists.

If it not helps, you need to take the player to a repair shop and they can clean or replace the head lense.

Regards
Jins

Please ACCEPT My Solution If It Helped ..

POSITIVE Feedback And A BONUS Are Always Appreciated ..

PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE LEAVING A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I placed the disc cleaner that I previously mentioned into the dvd player and hit play. All I got was a disc error notification.
Press and hold the play button for a while. Switch off the player and remove all power connection from it for sometime. Then turn on and try again. If it not helps you need to take it to a repair shop.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I followed your instructions and got the same response "disc error". Can anyone tell me where I can find a repair shop near to zip code 01562?
Click here and contact toshiba to find the nearest support center.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I contact Toshiba directly with this question?
Click here to open the toshiba support page. You can call to the number listed there. And also you can check with the serial number of your player.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The telephone number provided was for notebook or laptop systems. I called that number and was given another number for dvd player assistance. I'm hoping that will answer my question. I'm getting frustrated. Unfortunately your response was not very helpful. I'm signing off and hope I will be not be charged for a response that did not resolve my problem.

The number I provided is for the household items of toshiba. Anway they provided the right number now and I hope it will help you.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was just advised that the toll free number I was provided is not available in my area.
Okay can you please give your place district and area details ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm in central Massachusetts and my zipcode is 01562.
okay, what is the model number of your player ? Please also give the serial number of your product.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The serial number is XXXXX The model number is XXXXX It was purchased in 2002.
This site will give you the information about the Toshiba service centers on your area. You can use the toll free number (800) 631 - 3811 to contact toshiba support.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have found a place that will service my Toshiba DVD Player without your help.
Okay, then you can close this question. If you think I helped you in some ways please click on accept and then I will get paid for my time and efforts. Otherwise you can ask for the refund of your security deposit.

Regards
Jins