Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  ASE cert tech for over 12 years, Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional
20508815

Why does my SAMSUNG Blu-Ray player sound cut out when I play

Why does my SAMSUNG Blu-Ray player sound cut out when I play certain rental DVDs? This has occured twice now and is very annoying as I have to return the DVD unplayed. I do not do programing so I need a simple answer.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Joe replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for using justanswer.com, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you with your concern today.

Is the audio from the tv or a home theater receiver/system?

Is this on dvd or blu-ray disc's only or both?

Does the actual units turn on/off sounds work fine?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Joe,

Here is my reply to your questions.

The audio is from my TV only.

I started playing a movie from my Blu-Ray disc and the sound went dead at the beginning of the movie. Picture was fine. I tried restarting the movie and I also tested the player with a regular DVD disc and still got no sound.

I do not understand your last question. Everything else worked fine including the TV and VCR. It was only on the Blu-Ray disc that the sound cutout occurred.

I just checked my Blu-Ray player and the sound is back on but what do I do if it happens again?
Expert:  Joe replied 3 years ago.
When you press a button on the actual unit there is a tone it makes, while no audio is heard from movie at that time do the buttons produce sound, the on/off button?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am not pushing any buttons. The DVD is running and when the movie gets to a certain spot the sound cuts out but the video continues on without the sound. I tried to play the DVD again and again it cut out at the same place.
Expert:  Joe replied 3 years ago.

When the audio is not working please press the on/off button on the unit not the remote and let me know if the button's shutoff tone is heard?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is NO button being pushed. The DVD is running and when it gets to a certain point the sound cuts out. The picture continues but without audio. I tried to play the DVD again but it cut out again at the same spot.There is NO button being pushed. The DVD is running and when it gets to a certain point the sound cuts out. The picture continues but without audio. I tried to play the DVD again but it cut out again at the same spot.There is NO button being pushed. The DVD is running and when it gets to a certain point the sound cuts out. The picture continues but without audio. I tried to play the DVD again but it cut out again at the same spot.There is NO button being pushed. The DVD is running and when it gets to a certain point the sound cuts out. The picture continues but without audio. I tried to play the DVD again but it cut out again at the same spot.
Expert:  Joe replied 3 years ago.

What I am asking you to do is to press the button I want you to press the on/off button when there is no audio from the disc, press the on/off button and when you press it you should hear a tone, let me know if you hear this tone?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am having trouble responding to you. Yes, the recorder beeps when I push a button but no buttons were being pushed when the audio cut out. I never use the buttons on the player. I had to return the offending DVD disc to the rental place so we can no longer test it. My player is working normally again with an owner furnished disc so I think the problem has to be with the rental disc. What say you? Have you encountered this problem previously?

Expert:  Joe replied 3 years ago.

I would continue using your discs that are store bought and see if you have any further problems, if the problem is only with rental discs then that may be the problem, in all honesty I have had lots of weird problems from Samsung blu-ray players including audio loss problems. For now since the problem is gone there is no further testing until the problem where there again.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe, Technician
Experience: ASE cert tech for over 12 years, Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional