Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I refinanced my home through Embrace Home Loans who went

Customer Question

I refinanced my home through Embrace Home Loans who went through HUD My LTV was 79.787 . they made me get Mortgage Ins . Is it not true that Under 80 there is no Ins
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: PA
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do I fill out Their Mortgage Ins Removal Request Form
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
That is correct in that if you have 20% equity in the home, the financer can remove the insurance. At 78% equity the financer must remove the PMI. If you have 79%, I would fill out the PMI removal request, as they should remove it at this time, but it depends on the lender, they could make you wait until it hits 78% and they must remove it.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.