Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

I own a 60 acres land in walsenburg, co. its a grassland ,is

Customer Question

I own a 60 acres land in walsenburg, co. its a grassland ,is it necessary to have a land association ?
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: not sure
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: land owners could do have even if its grassland
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 9 days ago.

If you would please provide more information about the situation I will try to assist you. What state are you in, and what is the purpose of the "land association"?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The land is in Walsenburg , Colorado they call it Turkey Ridge Land Owner Association , what I heard is to maintain the road going to the property that's what I heard ,and I dont live in Colorado , I have a job here in California . now they are demanding me to pay yearly dues ,
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
just few years ago I learn from real estate agent that the association was being sued for some reason , that they need to stop
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 9 days ago.

You will have to find out more about the association. Such as, is it in any way tied to the land ownership itself. They can be mandatory and result in liens for non-payment of dues. If not, then they are voluntary. Also, try to find out what the lawsuit is about. You don't want to stumble into a situation where you could become personally liable for something. That real estate agent or a local attorney would be the one to ask about that.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would appreciate a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 6 days ago.

Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? If not, please don't forget to enter a rating (hopefully ‘Five Star’) by clicking one of the boxes at the top of this reply. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.