How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a partner that has filed temporary orders to sue me

Customer Question

I have a partner that has filed temporary orders to sue me for a failed new build.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: He's filed temporary orders in the county that he lives in,not the county the business was formed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He's an attorney himself. When the LLC was formed he was authorizing signatures on his behalf. I agreed to pay him back. He wants the funds now,so he has filed to shut down the LLC. I've put all the time and money into the LLC. He took out some lines of credit in his own personal name and wants me to pay them back.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 days ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 days ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Related Real Estate Law Questions