Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a licensed attorney ready to answer your questions in a variety of areas.
97407003

I had lived in an mobile home park for 6 years. And during

Customer Question

I had lived in an mobile home park for 6 years. And during auest of 2016 was placed in jail for 9 months! durring that time my oldest son and his girlfriend moved in and now say that they are the owners tax records state that i am can i have them evicted?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: colorado
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 9 days ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney with Just Answer. One moment while I review your question.
The answer to your question is no, they are not the new owners. Your jail time will not affect the ownership of the property, even if they were making payments on the mobile home. They aren't the owners until and unless the original owner transfers ownership to them. Otherwise, they do not have ownership. Currently, they are tenants and if you give them thirty days written notice or eviction, then they must leave at the end of that time.
If you have any other questions let me know. Otherwise, a five star rating would be much appreciated:)