Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I was wondering why my MERS record shows inactive and lists

Customer Question

I was wondering why my MERS record shows inactive and lists the servicer as Receivership non-asset
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: my servicer is chase
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: 1109 Royal Blue Drive in stockton, ca
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that, I am current on my loan, but because it is not Freddie or Fannie, I cannot seem to qualify for any of the HAMP programs, so I am trying to narrow down who the lender.investor is exactly... maybe I could talk to them about the terms of the loan or Have someone talk to them, or is it paid off somehow and I do not know
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 15 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The MERS record means that the servicer company Chase used has likely transferred the loan out to another service company, but if you are currently paying on your loan, you need to contact the company you are sending your payments to, if Chase is still accepting them then that is who you need to deal with. But your mortgage company, which is considered the company you are sending your payments to at this point is where you need to start.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.