Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am looking into a 55+ community in San Clemente, CA. Palm

Customer Question

I am looking into a 55+ community in San Clemente, CA. Palm Beach Park.... I am only 30 Years Old. The plan would be to purchase as a vacation home. Can you give me any insight into how this may be legal or how I could make this work?
J
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also, I tried finding their website and came up with this:http://palmbeachpark.com/about/There is literally no information on this site.I could purchase the home with someone who is 55+ but I would likely be there without the person most often and likely would want to bring children for vacation at times. If you could help me figure out how I can make this work and/or help me find some documentation for the community, that would be great.
Expert:  Bruce Schreiber replied 1 month ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you. i am an Attorney and a Licensed California Real Estate Agent.

I don't have access to the bylaws of the community, but, as i think you know, generally at least one of the purchasers must be over 55, and must be a occupant. In many communities, if the second person is under 55 they can only purchase of they are a spouse or a caregiver.

There are also likely to be specific rules and regs regarding use of the facilities by children.

Have you tried to contact an agent with specific knowledge of this community?