Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

30. I moved to current apt on Mar 30 so the landlord did not

Customer Question

30. I moved to current apt on Mar 30 so the landlord did not paint or clean floors. The bottom part of stove unit fell out..I have it duck taped. screen frame does no fit right, I have duct taped. Light in bathroom not working at all. Mainman had to put in new fixture. Nails all over walls, the lock to front door is alsmost impossible to use. The mailbox is hanging by one nail and needs to be affixed better. The grill at bottom of refri plus one shelft I on refrig door is broken. Landlord says I hav too many main requests and wants to evict me end of month or sooner. I can pay rent, am very clean, quite, no domestic issues, no drugs or alsochol
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: This is Fort Lauderdale, FLa. I don't see anything in lease about being evicted due to main requests. All has to done via email on the company website which I find hard to use
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No, he says he is filing tomorrow I am 71, work two jobs, have health issue, this is too much for me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are you under a written fixed term lease or are you month to month?

.

How much is the rent you are paying?

.

Did you inspect the property prior to renting it?

.

.

thanks