Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

When selling a residential property in NYS in the condition

Customer Question

When selling a residential property in NYS in the condition "as is," what legal obligation does the seller have to the buyer as far as providing public utilities with the house?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New York
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Sale contract
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The house is being sold "as is" because the interior of the house was severely damaged due to pipes bursting during cold weather, which caused flooding in the house. We don't want to make any unnecessary repairs to the house and sell as is.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good evening. Do you know if a bank will provide you with a mortgage with the home in this condition or are you paying cash? Also, are you saying that the utilities can not be connected nor work?