Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

I HAVE TITLE TO PROPERTY WHICH IS ZONED, IT WAS THE SWIMMING

I HAVE TITLE TO PROPERTY WHICH IS ZONED PUD, IT WAS THE SWIMMING POOL LOT, AND HAS BEEN VACANT FOR 4 YEARS. COUNTY SAID I CANT BIULD A HOUSE ON IT WHICH MAKES NO SENSE. WHAT DO I NEED TO FILE TO CHANGE ZONING STATUS FOR ME TO BUILD.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: KENNESAW GEORGIA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO

From whom did you obtain title to the lot? Did you obtain a legal opinion or title insurance when you bought it. If loan is shown on the original plat is being designated as the site of the future, might not be able to change that use without amending the plat. Plat amendments are not easy to do. They usually require notice, and possibly even the consent of every other owner in the development. Depending on what your County planners told you to do, you will need the services of a good zoning lawyer.

I hope that I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I went through quite title proceedings to obtain title. The lot has sat for 4 years no association in neighborhood. It shows fee simple on deed and designated recreational. There has to be something I can do. I have a builder that's wants to build on it.