Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

YEA I LIVE IN A CONDO AND THIS LADY WHO LIVES BELOW ME KEEPS

Customer Question

YEA I LIVE IN A CONDO AND THIS LADY WHO LIVES BELOW ME KEEPS BOTHERING AND GETTING ME FINED OVER HER OPINIONATED POINT OF VIEW. MY NEIGHBORS HAVE PARTIES EVERY OTHER NIGHT, THE OTHERS ALL MAKE MORE NOISE THEN ME,BUT IM BEING SINGLED OUT. I HAVE A LEARNING DISABILTY AND I FEEL THAT THERE STEPPING OVER THERE POWER TO KEEP ME FROM GROWING. CAUSE OF HER NOBODY SPEAKS T0 ME AND IM TREATED AS DIRT
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: CALIFORNIA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: THEY REPORT FALSELY REPORTED COMPLAINTS AGAINST ME
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: THERE IS A YEARLY BOARED HEARING TONIGHT, AND IM EXPECTING THEM TO ATTACK ME AND PUT ME DOWN
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You have a right to appeal the fines to the board when they levy them. If the woman is making false complaints against you, then you also have the right to sue her for making the false complaints. So, your option is to sue the woman for harassment and for making false complaints against you and seek damages against her.
As far as nobody speaking to you or how they speak to you, those are things that are not controlled by the law, so you cannot take any legal actions on that. You can only sue the neighbor for harassment and take her to court to seek damages and maybe even a court order against her to prevent her from continuing to make false complaints against you.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.