Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

The SBA says i owe $1,662,479.50 for my ex husbands

Customer Question

The SBA says i owe $1,662,479.50 for my ex husbands defaulted loan. I signed a limited guarantee with a home being the colllateral. The SBA was awarded a judgement on my ex for stated amount. I have requested a hearing and attached the promissory note which my ex signed as well as his two partners. My name is ***** ***** this promissory nite. The dept of justice sent documentation bsck as proof that i owed tge money but it was for a unrelated loan in someones name not known to me. The department of justive hss just started a wage garnishment against me for this debt that is not mine. Do I have any recourse?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, the sba sued my ex and were awarded a judgement against him solely.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This judgement was awarded in 2012
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Is the Judgment against you? Is your name on the Judgment?