Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am current situation the landlord will give me 30day

Customer Question

Hi. i am current situation the landlord will give me 30day eviction notice tomorrow
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Hayward, ca
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no, i am so sad
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had maintenance issue roof leaking since March of 2016 as well dweling issue the landlord at this point was to give me eviction notice tomorrow when i said i will get the city involved Before it comes to that the landlord wants to give envictation notice sorry cant really type so upset Are you able to call me at(###) ###-####
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are you saying that the landlord is evicting you because you requested repairs for the property due to a roof leak and threatened to call Code Enforcement if he didn't do so?

.

How long have you lived there?

.

What is your legal question I can help with tonight?

.

.

thanks