Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I live in Pennsylvania and 10 years ago I bought a house but

Customer Question

I live in Pennsylvania and 10 years ago I bought a house but my credit wasn't good so my brother purchased a house with his credit and he added my name to the deed now ten years later I have a son with autism and I fell behind paying for his therapy I fell behind on the mortgage I fell for payments behind and the mortgage company said we couldn't make any payments and that we must do a modification my brother makes three times as much as I do there for the modification was denied now my brother is doing a deed-in-lieu and I'm I don't know when we have to move and he told the mortgage company not to give me any information I need help what can I do
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Pennsylvania
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: I'm not sure the mortgage company won't give me any information as per his order
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's pretty much it in a nutshell
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. When you say that he "added [your] name to the deed" do you mean that he quitclaimed you 50% of the property? Do you have a copy of that deed (and if so, have you presented that to the mortgage company)?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?

Are you there?

Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 11 days ago.

I see you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question?