Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

How do you submit evidence in a Writ of Possession Hearing?

Customer Question

JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: It is a vehicle that I purchased in the State of California.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Yes. I am the defendant. The complaint was served and I have answered. The Plaintiff submitted a document stating that the purchase was a collateral loan after signing the certificate of title. I have obtained an forensic document and handwriting expert that that that the signature on the document was not mine. The signature is a forgery and the document was cropped.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The vehicle in question is valued at less that $10,000 and the Plaintiff has estimated it at $32,000.00 plus.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are challenging the document as a forgery, you will need to call a document expert to court to examine the document and testify that it is a forgery in order to introduce that in the trial. If the handwriting expert comes to court, you show him the document ask him if he has seen it before and had the occasion to compare it to your handwriting. Then ask him to explain his findings and he will testify as to the forgery and once he does you ask the court to admit the document as evidence together with the report of the expert.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.