Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am sending you this quick email as for the first time in

Customer Question

I am sending you this quick email as for the first time in my life i got summon and it my fault i forgot (did not ) pay rent as i moved to California and that place got also broke into and left in terrible way, shortly after that incident i got assigned a position in Los Angeles and need to move out right away!!!! and right now i own 2 month of rent.... as per the summon i need to appear on january 30!! at 8 am but if i dont have the money to paid the 3000$ i dont have the money to buy a plane ticket is there any recomendation i should do. I have the intention to paid but payment plan with my small salary will be great or any other recomendation you have
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 5 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi

Good morning. In a situation like this, a party can contact the attorney for the plaintiff. They can advise them they wish to settle and to set up a payment plan. They can propose a monthly amount, which they are comfortable paying and agree to settle this, without having to go to trial or even court. The attorney can dismiss the case or enter into an agreed judgment, prior to the 30th, if this can be worked out. If it can not, then you would need to appear or else risk being defaulted. If you are defaulted, they would get a judgment and then go after you for it. If you can settle now, you may be able to avoid additional costs and attorney fees.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am sending you this quick email as for the first time in my life i got summon and it my fault i forgot (did not ) pay rent as i moved to California and that place got also broke into and left in terrible way, shortly after that incident i got assigned a position in Los Angeles and need to move out right away!!!! and right now i own 2 month of rent.... as per the summon i need to appear on january 30!! at 8 am but if i dont have the money to paid the 3000$ i dont have the money to buy a plane ticket is there any recomendation i should do. I have the intention to paid but payment plan with my small salary will be great or any other recomendation you hav

Yes, please see above.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
how much will it cost me if you take care of all that for me

The site does not provide representation, so contacting the attorney, would be something you need to do on your own.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
there nothing you can do for me correct

The site provides you with information, to help understand the situation and possible options, you have. We do not provide legal representation, I am sorry to say

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok

Is there anything else I can answer or clarify? I am happy to do so, so please just let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no

Ok. Thank you.