Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I live in the UK, so I am not sure you will be able to help.

Customer Question

Hi , I live in the UK, so I am not sure you will be able to help. Way back in 2005 I paid a deposit of approximately $19000 to Superior Homes & Investments LLC for a Villa on their Oakmont Spa Resort Florida. The Villa was never built. Along with a group of other purchasers, we instructed lawyers Walters Levine Klingensmith & Thompson to act for us to recover our losses, unfortunately due to continue cost of lawyers fee, I like many others in the group had to withdraw which I finally did in March 2013. My lawyers though sympathetic said my case would still be lodged in the US Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Florida. I understand that has now been finalized, but my claim was lodged under my previous address : John Albert Hawker of Farm Cottage, Scaynes Hill Road, Lingfield, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 2QQ United Kingdom. My address now 228A Harbour Way, Shoreham By Sea, West Sussex BN43 5HZ. The Representative who sold the property was a Ms Denise Kirksop who was a member of the Florida Real Estate organisation and was advised by my lawyers at the time that they would be claiming of the recovery fund. The bankruptcy case No. is 01-01955. Do I have any hope of recovering even a few dollars from Bankruptcy Court and/or the Florida Recovery Fund. Thank you for your time. Sincere Regards *****
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Yes with Bankruptcy court, but not sure re: recovery fund
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think my message covers all I had given up any hope
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Truthfully, as you are on the list of unsecured creditors, your chances of getting any recovery are slim to none at all, since the secured creditors will be the first to take the few assets this company had remaining. It does not seem likely you will get any recovery. However, you do need to send a letter to the US BC MDF and inform them of your address change to add to the file so you can get notices on the case when it finally is done.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.