Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

I received a 60 day Notice of ernminatio of tenancy, i talk

Customer Question

i received a 60 day Notice of ernminatio of tenancy, i talk with Manger she stated that the law do not require reason and she stated that my guest park in wrong parking lot my guest parked in the for rental visit space and the car was part in no parking zone, and another day the gueat was wrong again 'i have paid my rent on time and there's no other problem, can i get evitated ?
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 9 days ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and my goal is to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 days ago.

Do you have a written lease currently in effect or is your tenancy month to month?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
when i spoke with Manger she informed me that i not on lease anymore, month to month
Expert:  Loren replied 9 days ago.

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

Unfortunately, as a California month to month tenant, your tenancy can be terminated, with or without cause, upon 60 days notice.

Of course, you can appeal to the landlord to rescind the termination, but if they do not, you can be evicted if you do not move out at the end of 60 days.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 days ago.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.

Expert:  Loren replied 6 days ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!