Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

We have been foreclosed on. Told we had two choices of

Customer Question

We have been foreclosed on. Told we had two choices of departures but have now received a five day eviction notice!
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Arizona
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The letter we received is from an attorney in Los Angeles, not a court doc.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The letter is captioned 'Notice To Vacate".
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com.

When you will receive a 5 day notice to vacate the house. If you fail to vacate within the 5 days then the new owner can file an eviction, called a forcible entry and detainer. There will be a hearing within 10-12 days. The notice you received is required for an eviction and once the 5 days have expired and you have not moved, the eviction will be field with the court. The court will enter an order for you to vacate the house within 5 business days after the court hearing. If the foreclosure has gotten to that point, it is very unlikely that there are any defenses as at this point the foreclosure sale has most likely happened. The eviction will go forward just like any other eviction for a landlord and tenant. Here is a link describing that process: http://foreclosure.laws.com/eviction-process-in-arizona

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if you are satisfied. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if you feel your questions has not been fully answered. See link on how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl