Real Estate Law
Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you. Can you tell me the State that question pertains to? Each State has their own rules for real estate agents that they must follow.
As first time homebuyers you would expect some interaction. Did you sign a buyers agent agreement with the realtor?
Thank goodness. I have the regulations. Give me one moment to paste them for you. You can also file a complaint against the agent.
Chapter 47 5REAL ESTATE BROKERS, SALES ASSOCIATES, SCHOOLS, AND APPRAISERS
“3) SINGLE AGENT RELATIONSHIP.—
(a) Single agent–duties.—The duties of a real estate licensee owed to a buyer or seller who engages the real estate licensee as a single agent include the following:
1. Dealing honestly and fairly;
5. Full disclosure;
6. Accounting for all funds;
7. Skill, care, and diligence in the transaction;
8. Presenting all offers and counteroffers in a timely manner, unless a party has previously directed the licensee otherwise in writing; and
9. Disclosing all known facts that materially affect the value of residential real property and are not readily observable.” https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2011/475.278
This Division handles any questions or complaints that may have with regard to a real estate agent or broker http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/re/complaint.html
Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.
The site does not credit the Attorneys unless the customer rates our service positively. Thank you for your consideration. Please me know if you were unhappy with my service and I will opt out for another Attorney to assist you.
Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.
Do you have any additional questions for me?