Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  28 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
68197583

How should a real estate agent work with a first time

Customer Question

How should a real estate agent work with a first time homebuyer? Our agent just gave us access to the listings on their portal and lets us pick whatever we want ... we are not getting any help as far as advice as to pick this one . She just opens the door at the places I want to see she doesn't say this is what I think makes sense to see... is this how a relationship should be with a realtor?
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 14 days ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you. Can you tell me the State that question pertains to? Each State has their own rules for real estate agents that they must follow.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Florida

As first time homebuyers you would expect some interaction. Did you sign a buyers agent agreement with the realtor?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No I didn't

Thank goodness. I have the regulations. Give me one moment to paste them for you. You can also file a complaint against the agent.

Chapter 47 5REAL ESTATE BROKERS, SALES ASSOCIATES, SCHOOLS, AND APPRAISERS

“3) SINGLE AGENT RELATIONSHIP.—

(a) Single agent–duties.—The duties of a real estate licensee owed to a buyer or seller who engages the real estate licensee as a single agent include the following:

1. Dealing honestly and fairly;

2. Loyalty;

3. Confidentiality;

4. Obedience;

5. Full disclosure;

6. Accounting for all funds;

7. Skill, care, and diligence in the transaction;

8. Presenting all offers and counteroffers in a timely manner, unless a party has previously directed the licensee otherwise in writing; and

9. Disclosing all known facts that materially affect the value of residential real property and are not readily observable.” https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2011/475.278

This Division handles any questions or complaints that may have with regard to a real estate agent or broker http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/re/complaint.html

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The site does not credit the Attorneys unless the customer rates our service positively. Thank you for your consideration. Please me know if you were unhappy with my service and I will opt out for another Attorney to assist you.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 11 days ago.

Do you have any additional questions for me?