Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

A quit claim deed was signed 5 years ago last Nov. The

Customer Question

A quit claim deed was signed 5 years ago last Nov. The proceeds from the sale of the home were suppose to be split between the 2 brothers the deed was signed over too. One of the brothers (who is power of attorney) will not relinquish the funds due to his brother. He claims it is because certain bills were paid for the property by the original owner, and it hasn't been 5 years yet since this happened. Is this true?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Minnesota
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: The quit claim deed was filed over 5 years ago.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of...
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

I need some more information about what is going on here..

.

Who signed the quit claim deed over to whom?

.

What is the reference to 5 years...? Does this have to do with a parent deeding over property to children who is on Medicaid or is applying for it?

.

.

thanks