Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

I have a building I had constructed on Leased land, I want

Customer Question

I have a building I had constructed on Leased land, I want to sell the Building and maintain it on the Leased land.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Washington State
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Aside from a contract to sell the building, and my original contract to Sub Lease the land, which does state that the Building is Owned by me, there is no other paperwork
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can the Land Owner claim my building as their property, even though my original contract states that the Building is owned by me ?
I was originally told by the Land Owner that I had to go through the current land lessee in order to sub lease a portion of the Land for my Building.
Who has ownership of my Building ?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 months ago.

Who has ownership of my Building ?

From what you have disclosed here, you clearly have ownership of the building. But do you know how long you have a right to maintain your building on the land that you leased? Do you know what happens with your building when the master lease and/or the sublease term is up? These are questions that any potential buyer will want answers to before they commit to purchase the building from you.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.