Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

I am a housemate in a 3 bdrm house with 2 others. Me and

Customer Question

I am a housemate in a 3 bdrm house with 2 others. Me and another housemate want to ask the 3rd housemate to move out. At times He has been drunk and abrasive/rube to the other housemate (they live downstairs and share a bathroom.
We also might might know a person who we what to move in. Is that a good reason or should we not mention that.?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are you all 3 on the lease for the house?

.

Or did this person move in after or before you did?

.

Will this person agree to leave voluntarily?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Only I am on the lease but it is a month to month sort of deal. The roommate in question moved in only 2 1/2 years ago. I have lived here almost 20 years. I think he will leave voluntary ( it I am not sure).
Expert:  Barrister replied 11 days ago.

Ok, if the other person moved in after you, then legally you are their landlord and they are your tenant. You are a tenant to the landlord/owner and this person is a subtenant to you. But in a situation like this, it would be best to simply tell the person that you didn't think it was working out and give them a 60 day written notice to vacate. This is required in CA for tenancies over a year. I don't know that I would mention the other person, just that it isn't working out and give them the 60 day notice.

.

.

thanks