How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Damien Bosco Your Own Question
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2446
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Damien Bosco is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to apply for a home base business make desserts in

Customer Question

I want to apply for a home base business make desserts in Chicago. I live in a RM-5 zoning, does this hurt me?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: illinois
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 3 months ago.

If you are only making the desserts at home and not selling them from the premises, it should not be a problem. However, if you make your home into a commercial space and/or attempt to sell the desserts from your home with people coming to pick them up or as a retailer then that would be an issue since the zone is not for commercial use.

Related Real Estate Law Questions