Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

Daughter is moving out of a house tomorrow. It is a tenetcy

Customer Question

daughter is moving out of a house tomorrow. It is a tenetcy in common agreement. They have lived together 6 yrs. Is it going to reduce her amount of money of 20 percent if she takes anything out of house.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ca
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No meeting withattorney on Friday
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They have lived together 6 yrs. He ended relationship. She is on title at 20 percent. She was planing moving some of her things out tomorrow. A friend said don't remove one item it will reduce the amount you get back. Boyfriend said move everything out in 1 day.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Her moving out will have zero effect on her ownership interest. If she owns 20% of the house, she owns 20% of it whether she lives there or not. Whoever told her that was misinformed.

.

But he can't legally force her to move out if she doesn't want to go if she is an owner on the deed since all owners have the exact same right to use and occupy the premises..

.

.

thanks