Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Mortgage Loan ************* Question: I received a coupon

Customer Question

**************, Mortgage Loan ************* Question: I received a coupon book this past week and wonder why. My payment has been by bank withdrawal for several years. JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in? Customer: Kentuckly JA: Has any paperwork been filed? Customer: It appears you did not understand my question. My name is******************* JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: My loan number is(###) ###-####Question. I received payment forms last week which means I am to mail in my loan payment. I was wondering why this has changed. I have always made payment by bank draft by the Mortgage company...

Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The most likely reason for you receiving a coupon book is that the loan has been sold to another servicer. If that is not the case, then this could be a scam. Thus, you should contact your lender and find out if it has issued the coupon book to you.