RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

I have some traffic tickets that were dismissed keep a

Customer Question

I have some traffic tickets that were dismissed keep a person from passing a condo association check here in Boca Raton, Florida. I back in 2011 to 2013 keep getting pulled over for speeding tickets about 5 to 10 over the limit. I have 3 in one year yuck. A police officer would hide and for some reason bang it was me that got pulled over. I haven't had anything happen for years. These were all paid off and dismissed but it will show up on a background check for a condo association I am buying a villa and they do an extensive background check and this will pop up. Also a dismissed eviction back 12 years ago that never even went to court was totally dismissed.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 5 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Speeding violation are civil, not criminal, so they should not show up. Moreover, you shared that they were dismissed, so if that was the case, it would be as though they never happened. If they pulled your driving record, they could see moving violations/civil infractions but this would have nothing to do with an Association denying your ability to live there. They are not criminal in nature. The same goes for the eviction 12 years ago. If it was dismissed, it could not be seen or used against you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks I would hate to think traffic tickets on my background would prevent me from getting a home. Or this eviction actually it was 12 years ago. It was dismissed. One more question regarding this do you think That the county courthouse still has a record so I can show them that this eviction was dismissed. When I did a background check believe it or not this information popped up in my rental. And also so did the traffic tickets one right after the other. Ugh. Looks like I am a habitual traffic violator which is not the case. I felt as if the cop was planted there to ticket people and I went to court and they were dismissed all of them.

They may have the records in archives, so if you wanted to be proactive, you can go on Tuesday and ask for a copy of the dispositions, so that you can show them the outcome. It takes time for them to order it, so you can request it now and have it on hand, if needed, to show them. You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated Thank you.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!