INFOLAWYER, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

I own a home in Dallas very private area a lot right next to

Customer Question

I own a home in Dallas very private area a lot right next to me are building a home. I realize they can build on there lot line 5 feet off of my lot line. My problem is they have over 10 windows 5 down stairs and 5 upstairs that all look at my home and my complete large backyard . When they are done I will loose all my privacy in my back yard. Do I have any legal rights to protect my privacy.i can send pictures if needed
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 19 days ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Have you discussed with them changing window position, blinds? a fence to be paid by both?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I need to explain my area where my home is located. We are on a street where there is only 3 homes the new one will be the 4th and we back up to a creek no one has back fences as it's a forest behind us. All the other homes have there view to the back of the our houses . So this new home decides to basically but all there view on the side of the new house like a giant kitchen bay window overlooking my whole back yard. Also a play area on my side so when they are out in it they are at there building line . They built there house 2 to 3 feet higher than my land. My basic guestion is I could put up a 5 foot bed and put Italian cypress that start at 6 feet and block the 1st floor and they will grow to Block the 2nd floor. I want to know because if his abusive infringement on my pricacy I can make him pay for it.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I will call later today is that ok

You can ask him to reconsider his design. If he refuses, the steps you mentioned to protect your privacy including a fence could be done, all of which would not be a mutually beneficial solution and should get neighbor to compromise.

Kindly let me know if that is clear.

Happy new year.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I will call you Monday what number do I call? In response the house is already framed , roofed and plumbers are finishing up.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I just saw the place to call you .

I am not set up for a call. If you have a follow up please reply and ask me.

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 15 days ago.

can I clarify anything else for you?