Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

What is the cost to get a question answered? It was

Customer Question

What is the cost to get a question answered? It was regarding transportation- I wanted to move a home in charlotte, nc from one lot to another lot. All permits are ready except there is a bush on a road blocking our path. I believe it encroaches public right of way (we need 30 feet, and the bush is near the edge of the road leaving 29 feet of clearance). The owner is not cooperating, although we are still communicating. What is my recourse if I cannot pay the owner on either side to remove a bush/tree? Cost and timeline? We
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine. Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: nc
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: We have a move off and move on permit for the structure the DOT permit is pending this bush
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just the afformentioned. do you know approximate cost? What does the lawyer charge for a response?
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2 questions
1- what is the required right of way for a public street in charlotte nc
2- how would we enforce the right of way requirements (and have the bush removed if the sellers aren't cooperating)
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

Is this a State road or a city street?

Have you contacted the City about the bush that is encroaching into the roadway?