How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 115463
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Flood plain at 4216 final dr lou 40219 and msd hard stand,

Customer Question

flood plain at***** lou ky 40219 and msd hard stand, is there any help thank***@******.*** cell(###) ###-####JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: yes by ***** ***** co. but msd wont give me a permit to restore my home of 44 years
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: oakolona Kentucky just outside Louisville behind southhigh school
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes I am trying every one I can from the mayor on down
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your specific question for us about this matter?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
after a garage fire on nov. 7 and smoke damage to my home msd wont give a permit to repair my home because I am 1 foot inside the flood plain no floods in 44 years
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what can do I need help
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Mr.FORD with ***** ***** co has try to get a permit msd stand is hard HELP HELP
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your reply.

There is actually a process for you to use, it is called a Letter of Map Adjustment, LOMA letter and it is something that requires you to get an surveyor out there to do another survey and submit the LOMA request to FEMA to ask them to adjust the flood plain map. You can actually hire the survey company you use for your survey to assist you, but here is a set of instructions for filing for a LOMA (does not matter where it is from, they are federal instructions):

So, you get your survey and then you complete the LOMA application:

You could also hire a company to assist with the LOMA, such as:

Once you get the LOMA, then you could get your permit to continue.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Related Real Estate Law Questions