Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I live on a floating home in Portland. I own my home but

Customer Question

I live on a floating home in Portland. I own my home but must rent the 'slip' from the moorage owner. when i arrived a year ago, i signed a one year lease. i'm now being told i have a 10% increase, and that he's allowed to do that because of a murky clause that says he can do whatever he wants. this sounds wrong to me. ?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in? What confuses you?
Customer: Portland, OR
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: well, i signed the lease when i moved in. don't know if it was 'filed' anywhere but i suspect it might have been.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope. i just think this is illegal. but not sure
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my very best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Can you tell me how much notice he is giving you prior to the rent increase taking effect?

.

.

thanks