Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have a home loan with ditec. May of this year I entered

Customer Question

I have a home loan with ditec. May of this year I entered into a forbearance loan with them. I was unable to make my regular monthly payment, so I entered into this forbearance at a reduced rate and at the end of the forbearance I was to pick up my regular payments and continue on. At the end of the forbearance, I went to make my regular payment and they refused saying that I had to make all my regular payments. I really need to have some help with this.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Kansas
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Yes. I applied for a loan that would move what is due to the end of the loan as a balloon payment and they sent me a letter saying that I did not qualify for that kind of help. They also said that under fanny mae I did not qualify for any assistance from them.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well, just that I was lied to about the forbearance and now they are saying different.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Wasn't the forbearance language in writing? Wasn't there a contract setting out the terms?