Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

HOW CAN YOU CORRECT A TRANSFER OF REAL ESTATE THAT USED THE

Customer Question

HI HOW CAN YOU CORRECT A TRANSFER OF REAL ESTATE THAT USED THE WRONG TITLING, EXAMPLE; BOTH NAMES AS TENANTS IN COMMON vs JOINT TENANTS WITH RIGHT OF SUPVIVORSHIP.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

You would need to record a new deed from the two parties as Grantors, back to the two parties as Grantees, with the correct language in the deed.

.

The new deed would then replace the old one and change the way the property title is held.

.

Any local real estate attorney or title/closing company can prepare the deed to change the property interests.

.

.

thanks

.

.

.

.

.

thanks