Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I entered into a contract of my home in nj. I sold it on my

Customer Question

I entered into a contract of my home in nj. I sold it on my own without a realtor, "For Sale By Owner". The buyers have been playing games such as cancelling the title company that was suggested for me to use. I do not trust these people and since this was a family home for 52 years I would love to get out of it. I am 73 years old. Please help!
JA: I'm the Real Estate Lawyer's Assistant. I work with them to help customers like you. Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Cape Ma County NJ
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Yes a contract was signed by both parties back around Aug. I don't have the contract with me at this moment.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Again how can I get out from selling this house!
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. Could you clarify something for me? When you say you "sold it on my own," do you mean that it is still under contract or the closing has actually occurred? Thanks.