Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Landlord has sued us over a home they inherited. We moved

Customer Question

Landlord has sued us over a home they inherited. We moved out because they would not do any repairs to the home, so we quit paying rent. We had a verbal agreement to buy the home with the owner but he got sick and later passed before we could sign any papers. They sued over "damages" even though they had never seen the house before we moved in, we lived there 3 years, they never came and when we moved out they had not been to the house. They don't know what shape it was in before or during, except for the last year, we withheld rent for them to fix central unit, we talked, they said they would fix it the next day if we got them caught up so we paid up and they still didn't get it fixed. We paid a couple months, then withheld it again.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 11 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good evening. Can you please clarify for me what exactly your question is and what you would like to know?