WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

I have a roommate that has a dog and it goes to the bathroom

Customer Question

I have a roommate that has a dog and it goes to the bathroom all over the house on a daily basis. He's been asked to clean it up and refuses to do anything about it. What can I do about it?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Kansas City MO
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: What kind of paper work?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have a lease.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 12 days ago.

The matter is between you and the roommate, not the owner of the property. I would check the lease or rules and make sure that the dog is permitted. If not, you can evict the roommate and the dog. If the dog is permitted, I would suggest that you call the board of health in Kansas City and have them issue a citation to the dog owner to clean up the mess.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 11 days ago.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 9 days ago.