Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Im in active foreclosure with a sale date of december 1st.

Customer Question

im in active foreclosure with a sale date of december 1st. my zip code is 38016. how can i stop the foreclosure sale or postpone it in my city?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: cordova tn. no paperwork yet. i was trying to go through my mortgage company but they are not helping or providing me with the answers i need. they told me to google it.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no paper work has not been filed. how do i file the paperwork and where?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm trying to save my property.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 days ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Why are you in foreclosure? Fail to pay mortgage?

2. If the foreclosure is stopped, can you afford to pay all future monthly mortgage payments?

Doug