Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I inherited mineral l rights from my father who passed away

Customer Question

i inherited mineral l rights from my father who passed away in 2002. in 2010 i received a three (3) year oil and gas lease from a company stating i owned mineral rights in dewey county and they wanted to lease the land to dig on the property for gas and oil. and thats how i found i inherted the mineral rights. . since then ive been doing some research on the property and found as of this year another family member which is my fathers aunt is claiming mineral rights and has a oil and has lease with another company... another words she has been collecting royalty how do i go about this situation from my location in stockton ca.. i know lil about the mineral rights..
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: dewey county oklahoma i believe it is located in fay or thomas... lot2 &e/2 ne/4 & nw/4 ne/4 t16n r14 w section 32
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: what type of paperwork
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just need some strong advise
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

What evidence is there re: the aunt's lease?